Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups cooked rice
4-6 flour tortillas
½ Pineapple diced
1 red bell pepper diced
½ red onion diced
1 jalapeno diced
½ cup cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
⅛ teaspoon ginger
⅛ teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
5.4 oz greek yogurt
2 tablespoon of Pineapple White Balsamic
2 tablespoon mayo
½ teaspoon lime juice
- Chicken Marinade: Reserve ¼ cup Teriyaki Marinade for after grilling. Pound chicken to an even thickness and poke several times on each side with a fork. Add chicken to a large freezer bag or shallow dish and add remaining Teriyaki Marinade; toss to evenly coat chicken. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa: Meanwhile prepare Salsa according to directions. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pineapple Sauce: Meanwhile, whisk all of the Pineapple Lime Crema ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chicken Grilling Directions: If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting). Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 155 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before dicing into cubes.
- Assemble: Toss chicken cubes in reserved ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce until evenly coated. Divide rice evenly among tortillas followed by cheese, then top with Teriyaki Chicken followed by Grilled Pineapple Salsa. Drizzle with pineapple sauce.