Buttery Pie Crust
- 2 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- Combine flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the oil and 5 tablespoons of ice cold water; don’t mix the liquids together.
- Add liquids to the flour and salt mixture. Stir with a fork until a ball forms; add 1 tablespoon of ice water if it is very crumbly and not holding. It is okay if the dough is not totally cohesive (some crumbles may exist).
- Divide the dough into two equally sized balls. Place in an airtight container and let rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- For one pie crust, place the dough ball between two pieces of wax paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out until it reaches 12 inches in diameter.
- Carefully peel the top layer off of the wax paper. Invert the pie crust into a pie plate and carefully peel the wax paper off of the dough.
- Bake the pie dough according to pie recipe.
Recipe makes 2 12″ pie crusts.